Tuesday 23 April 2013

Discipleship Camp 2013 - Cabin 8


Believe it or not - this scanned piece of paper is an important memoirs of our recent DCamp2013. I took part of being a "counselor" for this activity and as expected, I was super blessed. For years I've been waiting to prove myself  useful in His kingdom. I want to show my friends and colleagues that I have the potential of being a "kuya" and also I had the leadership and teaching skills.

This paper was taken from my assigned cabin - Cabin 8. Every night I was tasked to visit them and lead the prayer time. Though we only had short times to talk with each others, I felt very close to them - not in age, but in the spiritual sense of "we wanna grow up". I can see myself 10 years ago in them. I was the active kid in the camp before. I liked basketball and mingling over group studies. I was interested in music rather than memorizing Bible verses. lol

I was moved and encouraged to strive harder in increasing my knowledge in God's word. I felt like God is telling me to "protect" the youth. I don't know if this is a God given vision or it's my semi proud mind that is only telling this to me.

I wanted to be a better person for this youth. I will live to protect them. This is my joy and my crown.

I am writing this post to be a reminder for myself - that I CAN FIND HAPPINESS  ONLY BY SERVING IN HIS KINGDOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?