Saturday 23 February 2013

True love


022413

 True Love

 I was thinking, if true love really exist - we really wouldn't need fairy tails right? Well, forget the bitterness and all that I-don't-believe in love stuff. For seven years I tried hard to self portray and express as much as I could on how to show true love.

 This is what I discovered.

 1. Love is in a form of sacrifice. Everything you do for your partner requires something from you. May it be time, resources, understanding, and even pain. There is no "I did this for you, why don't you do the same for me?!" Showbiz peeps are used to divorce coz they think their own love life's are just like the movies. But hellno, I know you would agree on this - everyone wants to have a partner who would be their last. When you love, just love. Many people love because they are "being loved back" and what happens when their partner becomes cold? Would they do the same? Again, No. You love because you love - and you are capable to do that without any help from other people or any inspirations from them (well, obviously). Despite her shortcomings or even the coldness, still love. Despite the storms inside your relationship, just love. There are never ending reasons why you should love her - I really don't have to list it down.

 Love her because she is your partner. Period

 2. Love is a decision I often go to weddings and observe especially their vows. "Till death do us part" - my favorite line and also happens to be my favorite song. Sooooo romantic and full of promises - well, they vowed for it right? However, if you vowed for such promises to your partner, how come divorce so cheap like candy nowadays? Long time relationships are now exchanged just for money - custody for it. Also, it's very easy to be unfaithful nowadays. Men and women , especially when in a cold relationship, are into other "outside" and fling relationships just to fill their emotional needs. So what happened to that "till death do us part"? I don't heard anything it say's "Ok, as long as you are loving, faithful, holding my hands, kissing me back, romantic, etc - I will be the same for you. But if you stop to be that kind of person, sorry but we have to break up" Well seriously, there are no vows like that and it's not even a vow.

 When you love a person, it's a decision. That's one of the important things I learned from my parents - you love a person because you chose it. It's your decision. For better or worse - or even to the point of being at her "worst", you must be there, still the same person loving her unconditionally. Loving is not based on emotions or even on how much sweet she is to you.

Forget the twilight effect. We are on the real world. Stories are just stories. They are destined to have good and happy endings. But you, you control your relationship.

Your own perception of "love" determines the outcome on how good or how worse your relationship will gonna be.

 3. Love is unconditional

 Well, palasak na ito. But still a very important saying for those in a relationship. Just like in the beauty and the beast, it doesnt matter how imcompatible the both of you in terms of facial distinction. What matter is what you both feel for each other right? A person who loves unconditionally doesn't need a reason for loving her partner.

For those who are curious to ask why did I let my first and seven year relationship turn into dust, here's the reason.

 Remember the three things I've just mentioned? Your relationship will die if only one person will do it. You won't really be happy if you are only the person loving sacrificially and unconditionally. No matter how hard you decided to hold on to a certain person and love her with your whole life, it's still a trash if she won't acknowledge it.

Your relationship won't survive if only one is loving truly. It takes two to tango. Relationships are for partners. Two person loving each other will all their might. Loving unconditionally. Loving without expecting. Decided to love the other till death seperates them.

 Dedicated to: Allan Felipe & His lovely girlfriend Rose

Thanks for the inspiration.
I now believe in fairy tales. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?