Tuesday 29 January 2013

Arg Notes #24: What makes you happy?

Christopher: 
Hey dad, you wanna hear something funny? There was a man who was drowning, and a boat came, and the man on the boat said "Do you need help?" and the man said "God will save me". Then another boat came and he tried to help him, but he said "God will save me", then he drowned and went to Heaven. Then the man told God, "God, why didn't you save me?" and God said "I sent you two boats, you dummy!" 


You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.


January 29,2013 15:56


1 hour and 3 minutes before work ends. I'm now working for past 1 year now and I find myself thinking -  am I really contented on who I am right now? Am I contented with what I am doing? or rather with my past accomplishments? Am I happy?

I am a kind of person who doesn't choose what kind of friends I'll gonna be with so believe me I have that special gift of telling who's and what's in terms of predicting people patterns on life.
Each person is has their own happiness in life. Most of them are motivated by goals and therefore reaching it, or even the slightest sense of fulfillment toward it,  are the one that makes them happy. Of course, that's reality. You wanted something because it makes you happy. You wanted it because it makes you comfortable, makes your heart tickle, or for whatever reason it makes you just happy.

Look at the people in the mall. They shop till their wallet drops. Lol. Well seriously, they are there obviously to buy something because they either needed it or they wanted it or ...they are just one of those window-shoppers who makes the mall crowded. They buy because that's what makes them happy. Girls, agree?

Then imagine you're in a car and as you go outside you step in front of a dump place with those houses structured in the in-betweens on the giant piles of trash. You can see identically dressed people - in old clothes, no foot wears, and dirt covered body. What would you feel?
And then suddenly a young boy in a seemingly beggar outfit approaches you and invited you to join him and his friends to PATINTERO.  Yikes! Is that what you would have reacted? I guess not. Hunger-stricken people takes a minimum effort to be happy. They can be happy at a minimal cost and amids the hunger - they will find a reason to be happy. They are alive. One available meal per day. One steady roof for the house. - Yes, this makes them happy.

I usually react on the hardships of life as if I was the poorest and "Pinakamalas na tao" in earth. MALAS means "bad luck". Pinaka means "the most".
I take for granted what God has given to me and forget how blessed I'm to be covered by His blood and eternal protection.. Most Christians neglects God's promises - and that makes them unhappy.

We Christians are destined for an eternal purpose and therefore we must find joy on eternal things. The problem is, WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY?
If you put happiness on earthly things - money , fame , friends , popularity, etc , do you think you would be satisfied? Yes, but only for a short period of time.
That's why many people, especially Christians, are not happy and even contented in their life.
Why? Because of their source of happiness. If you will only look on the cross, ask Jesus "What would you want me to do?", then expect true happiness.

Life is a test on how faithful servant you are. Life is journey, a race where you are tested on how fast you are to obey and fulfill God's will for your life.

God wants you to be happy and He wants you to experience the best life.
But remember, true happiness is found inside God's will. You cannot find contentment and be truly happy if you are living outside God's will.

Don't lose hope on life or neither get tired of it. God is there beside you and He wanted you to go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?